Monday 17 August 2009

16.08.09 - Our Journey Begins

Depart London Heathrow 07:25 (alarm goes off at 04:10)
Transitting Madrid, connection to Quito, Ecuador.
Halfway through the flight, digesting suspect plane food, I wonder whether I’ll ever not feel tired again. I become a little ratty in this state and unfortunately Greg tends to bear the brunt. Oh well, he’s used to it. Iberia airlines is a little tatty and with me a little ratty, it’s not the best combination. However our pre-prepared entertainment – IPOD with specially selected ‘World’ playlist, mini laptop with ‘Blackadder Goes Forth’ downloaded and Footprint South American Handbook to gen up on, we are successfully passing the time without too much boredom. I’m sure that once we land in foreign lands I’ll perk up- I don’t do very well on two nights of sporadic sleep. Looking forward to Hostel Santa Barbara with it’s, hopefully, comfy bed and the knowing that the first leg of our journey is over and we can begin to enjoy. I have to say though that it does feel odd knowing we’re not ‘coming back this way’, so to speak. From here on in we’re travellers of the world!

No comments: